Sunday, July 15, 2012

Primo Pasta Sauce

Primo Pasta Sauce

Whenever I made pasta sauce, I never had a recipe to follow, so I would just wing it. Each time I headed to the kitchen to make it, I would feel frustrated because I never knew how it would taste since I just threw stuff together. I really wanted a recipe that became my own and would pass on to my kids. Where do you go when you're looking for a recipe? Pinterest! I found two different recipes that sounded good, so I decided to combine them and it turned out delicious! It's especially yummy when you can simmer it all day to let the flavors blend. 


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 pound Italian sausage
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 (14 oz) cans chopped tomatoes
  • 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
  • 2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
  • 2 cups water (if you are simmering a long time. If you aren't simmering it very long, add less.)
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

1. Brown ground beef and sausage with onion and garlic (in large pot if simmering sauce on stovetop).
2. Drain grease and return to large pot or transfer to 5 quart slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients, mix well.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. Serve over your favorite pasta with garlic bread. 


No comments:

Post a Comment